Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Little Things ...

Here at the home front things are pretty sicky.
Hacking and coughing are plentiful.
Headaches rage.
Dizziness ,well, spins it's will.

Not to mention the HALF a molar I broke off yesterday.
Darn heath bar.


Yet I am grateful.
Where we cough, others put their lives at risk for our country.
When I complain about my kids fighting, others watch their own fight for their lives in a hospital bed.
When I complain about the enormous amount of money this darn tooth will cost me (no insurance),
I have a home and heat and food.
And really, I'm quite wealthy.
Though maybe not in America's standards.
While I moan about my husband's long work hours,
I sit here at home with our children and  reap the benefits of his hard work, that Praise to the Lord he still has.


I'm darn sick of whining.
Of opening up facebook only to see the same people ranting away about potty training issues (though Lord knows that I KNOW!)
or their ever present headache.
Or walk through the store and hear scolding of what are supposed to be mature adults on this or that or the other.

Yes, I can whine with the best of 'em.

But I also believe in sucking it up.
What happened to pulling up the boot straps and getting on with your LIFE???

There are more important things to be concerned with.
Furthermore, the world doesn't need to know each and everyday you suffer a migraine for Pete's Sake.

How about feeling some gratitude,
thankfulness,
joy in what you have.
That's life people.
And it can be darn good when you choose it to be so.


"Do everything without complaining or arguing (Ph. 2:14)."



So yes, I am complaining about complaining.

So as I wander off to my easy chair, coughing enough to hack up lunch,
I'll tell God 'thank you' for the Little Things.
Because, really, it's all the little things that make the big ones right?

God Bless,
 Mandy

Blog Archive