Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our Memorial Day Weekend

Can you believe we managed to stay in town AND escape the boatnik craziness all weekend??
Sat. we decided to drive out to 'The Ranch", aka Mimi's house.
The kids love it there.
Acres of roaming and nature and freedom.
However after squabbling like crazy, we called it a day and rented some movies and got ice cream.

Sunday we decided to take a drive to play in the river.  There must have been some miscommunication along the way however.  You see when my husband said "Let's drive to the river kids" they thought (and me) that that meant maybe a half hour and then a day of laying on the river.
But, Honey really wanted to drive to this place he'd been to as a kid.
Muriel.
For all of you laughing right now I know you've been there.
You see Muriel is about a 2 1/2 hour drive on mostly dirt roads winding up and then down mountains that made me so sick from the heights that I couldn't enjoy my bird's eye view.
Eventually, and after much complaining and possibly some threats to throw a certain oldest Monkey off the top of the mountain, we made it.
It was worth the drive.
A beautiful old homestead called the Rogue River Ranch sat amongst the ancient pines and a skirt of emerald grass.



do you see the American flag in the reflection??



and after exploring a little around this place we took the jot down to the water...








a bat...


he's pretending to eat that lizard






and one more of the ranch...

and since that was so image heavy I will cover our Memorial Day Monday tomorrow!

God Bless,
Mandy

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Brad is histerically laughing right now....

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Mandy. Looks like a fun weekend. The kiddos are adorable.

You asked me about the movie Date Night on my blog and from what I can remember there wasn't any nudity. There was a strip scene in which they are trying to convince the bad guys they are something they are not, but it was done really funny. I thought it was good. It had some language in it, but I don't remember it being overly offensive. It's really hard to find a clean movie anymore isn't it? I gave it a thumbs up. Hope if you do see it you won't be disappointed.

Brooke said...

i have a distant memory of going to this place one summer when we visited GP. I don't remember who took us, but I am pretty sure it started with "hey, lets go to the river!" too.

Blog Archive