Tuesday, September 20, 2011

question...

so, uh...
is it bad that my life's goal is to not yell?
seriously,
"just help me not scream at the little people today Lord and my mission will have been successful".







so this is my life:
~wake up and study Bible, pray


~homeschool their ever lovin hearts


~yell, threaten, have melt down


~read  my parenting books


***one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same***

(credit:sesame street)

ya.
that's life.
how's yours?


blessings,
mandy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mandy, I'm not a mother, but I know about the desire to yell and how it's usually counterproductive. I learned some of this from my wise mother. She was a yeller for a time, but was much more powerful when whispering and even better when silent. Of course, I was the youngest so by the time she got to me she had perfected her mother look. Even in my forties it could stop me in my tracks, but I'm a girl and I think looks work better on us. Does yelling help all the time? If not there are other ways. Not that I know, but ... as they say ... think outside the box. Think about each child and what motivates or scares them.
Your on my mind and I wish you well and I know you can do this!
Love ya,
Aunt Sally

Courtney Walsh said...

Sometimes I get to the end of the day and think "I didn't yell today!" Like I want to give myself a medal. You're not alone, chick!

Blog Archive