Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Thousand Gifts Smash Book...

I'm such a slacking blogger.
I apologize!
 
So, along with the rest of the civilized world I've been keeping my one thousand gifts.
 
I also happened to have a handy-dandy smashbook I had bought with no clue as to what to do with it.
My only thought was how they used Smashbooks in Sweet Valley High books, and well, I was a little past those stages ;)
 
So I turned my list of one thousand gifts into a smashing list!
I had NO plan {it's how I roll}, no preconceived thoughts as to how it would flow.  I just started writing, randomly gluing when the notion struck and came up with this.
She's not pretty or perfect.  Kids have scribbled, it's been left on counters where coffee has spilled.
I didn't keep track of how it would work out, but wouldn't you know?
My thousandth gift ended up on the very last page!
Here she is:
 







 
 



 
some pages are quite plain, some are chalk full of random stuff.
I printed out some of the things Ann offers on her blog and pasted them here and there. 
And I got some use out of my poor, neglected scrapbooking supplies.










 


 

 
 

 
 
and now, I need to go buy another smashbook to continue my counting!
this one took slightly over a year of counting gifts.
so, there you have it. 
How did you keep track of your thousand gifts?

3 comments:

Jacqueline@ Deeprootsathome.com said...

What a absolutely wonderful treasure it is!! you have your testimony of thankful hearts right there and your children will be so blessed one day <3 To God be the glory for the things He has done!
I am so glad you came and visited and left a comment for me to find you! May the Lord Jesus abound mercy, grace, and peace to you, sweet Mandy!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Good Grief girl... (now I hear my girls say... "Mom - Grief is not Good LOL) They get smarter with age.

I LOVE THAT SMASH BOOK! You have convicted me.
I need to pick up those little things that matter again and jot them down.

Love love love it.

I have all the tools and materials.
Now I just need to do it.

I am such a procrastinator...

Sigh,

But thanks for giving me that little push.
It is so easy to forget what He has done for us... even in times that I wonder and doubt if he is even at Work for me...
I know...
As if He needs to be reminded.
I need to be reminded constantly.
Yes, if someone needs that smash book here in Ca. it is me.

Thanks Mandy,

In Him,

Have a lovely week and make more memories and Give Thanks,

Sandy

Unknown said...

BTW...
I am also a slacking blogger...
And I also apologize.

I just can't get myself to do it at times... however I can't handle stay away.

This is just me...

P.s. yes, we need to go shopping. Good therapy

Blog Archive