Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lets Just Be Honest Here...

I am done.
Like the stick a fork in me kind.
If I hear one more mom say she's sooo sad her kids are starting school I might get sick.
On her.
  I LOVE my kids.
They are my life.





But then there are days.
Like today.
When for 1/2 of a second you wonder what would happen if you simply left them to their fighting/screaming/whining selves in the middle of wal-mart.
Just left.




A smallish part of me wanted them to look around in terror and  realize
   " for the love of God, my mom left me!
She does everything for me.
How dare I act this way in the middle of a store??"





Yeah, that won't happen.


They are so cute.
Time goes by way too quickly.
I KNOW THAT PEOPLE.


That doesn't mean that James Dobson wouldn't throttle a few kids around here if he went through what I do on a daily basis.





I was a good mom.
I did everything right.
I have the charts, the schedules, the rules.

But guess what?

They are little sinners.
My Honeys Uncle told me that one day and I repeat it to myself quite often.
It helps, truly.
Because for the love of Pete if I'm screwed up why the heck would I expect these little monkeys to know better??

Where am I going with all of this??
I have no idea.
Cause that's just the kinda day I've had.

You know it's a hard day in the life of a SAHM when you just spent $75.00 on a whim at an online Christian bookstore on parenting books.

I need help people.
I need these two oldest monkeys in school.
And some hog ties for the littles.

 I'm keeping it real.
Family devotions have fallen off the truck.
Teethbrushing is done by noon.
My laundry has cleverly disguised itself as my bedroom floor.
I've eaten icecream, chocolate and potato chips over the last 3 days.
I would truly like to burn my bras.
My family had quesadillas for dinner tonight (I added beans for protein to ease the guilt, but no veggies).


In short - I'm on overload.

This weekend is all about getting back on track.
Being a mommy I am happy about and not the monster frightening little kids anymore.


God Bless,
Mandy


***  I have no idea why my pictures are all of a sudden looking odd on here, I'll try to figure that out...in a few weeks***

3 comments:

Sy and Shaunna said...

Mandy,
My name is Shaunna Allen and my little family is very good friends with Brad and Sarah. My husband is Sy and he and Brad grew up together and went to college together. I have been reading your blog for a while now. It makes me laugh, makes me cry, gets me inspired, and as a SAHM of 3 small boys...it makes me feel as though I am not alone in this crazy journey of motherhood. Sarah had mentioned that we don't live that far from eachother (she said down the street, but I know she has to be exaggerating!) Thank you for your words, good and bad, and I hope you don't mind that I have been virtually peaking in on the little things in your life. Blessings!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh girl you crack me up. You're gonna hate me, but I actually cried at my annual Dr. appt today because I'm sad about school starting. My girls are at the age where they actually are fun to be around. They keep me company and give me purpose. Don't get me wrong I'm also looking forward to full days to myself. I haven't had one of those in 10 years...but it will be bittersweet:)

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Mandy Mandy Mandy - I don't know what it's like to have a bunch of littles, just the one boy child. I'm laughing, cause I can hear your desperation. Oh dear. It's a place to be isn't it. I've realized that life is a lot like surfing. You catch a good wave every now and then, and other times, you crash and burn. When kids are little, they are so much work physically, then they get older and they are emotional and mental work. It's ok. It's all ok. : < >

Blog Archive