Sunday, October 24, 2010

100 Things About Me...

This is getting HARD!!!

okay, here we go:

61.
I have never seen Star Wars.  Apparently this is a big deal because people are SHOCKED when I say that.  It just doesn't seem appealing to me.

62.
I have a thing against female singers for some odd reason.  I can appreciate a good voice, but I'd much rather listen to a guy.  A man's voice just has an appeal that a women's doesn't.  And a lot of women sing in that whiny, half drugged sounding voice I can't stand.  I only like female singers who can use that power from their guts type singing. In my top 25 singers/bands there might be one girl in it all...

63.
I collect birdies.


64.
I believe in being good stewards of the world God gave us, and being wise in our responsibility of it.
But the 'green' movement makes me insane.

65.
I am passionate about conservative issues, and I'd love to be further involved in politics one day.
Helping in campaigns, or something similar.


66.
One of my favorite quotes:

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.


Watch your words, for they become actions.

Watch your actions, for they become habits.

Watch your habits, for they become character.

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
 
 
67.
I think there is nothing quite like laughing till you have to pee.
I think the last time I did was when I was reading the newspaper mistakes and headlines online.
 
68.
Water is soothing to me.
As a kid I could spend hours in the pool.
I actually like washing dishes because I get to put my hands in warm water.
That's the main reason I could never move to the Midwest, I couldn't stand to be further from the ocean.
(we're about 2 hrs away)
Baths, rivers, dish water, the sea.
I simply relax in being around water.
 
69.
I think the fashion world has finally caught up to me.
I am LOVING the feminine style right now, the ruffles, florals, lace.
It's been my thing for a while, now I just fit in ;). If only I could work up the courage to put one of the  many flowers in my hair I've bought.
I feel silly when I do, but I love them on others!
 
70.
Fall and Spring are my favorite times of year.
 
71.
I go to bed each night with a heart so full of love for my kids and life that I feel like bursting,
and always wish I had been a better mom that day.
 
72.
Weddings kind of bug me.
I know that sounds crazy, me being a romantic and all.
But really...
they seem so...forced.
Like hours upon hours have gone into the planning and rehearsing, until everyone seems so stiff and like they are trying way to hard for it all to be perfect.
If I had to do it again it would just be one big party, people surrounding us as we said our simple vows and enjoying the moment rather than performing a 'show'.
It would be casual but beautiful.
Rustic but elegant.With focus on the marriage and not a wedding.
 
73.
no matter how hot I get, I have to sleep with a blanket on.
 
 
74.
not a pie or brownie or cake person.
cookies, cobblers and other treats absolutely.
 
75.
I've put my photography on hold till the kids are bigger.
It was the right choice for me.
They need my attention now, photography can wait.
 
76.
I've only been to a few places.
Oregon, California, Texas (but only for 2 days for my grandma's funeral, and once as a kid that I don't remember), and New Mexico and Arizona as a young kid ( I don't remember it).
and Mexico with the church youth group.
 
That will change one day.
I might try to talk my honey into a Washington trip in a year or two since it's not too far!
I'd love to see Seattle and the Olympic rain forest area.
 
77.
I have a really soft heart towards the homeless.
Even though I know they are mostly alcoholics or drug users.
They are still lost souls.
They make me feel blessed, and sad and help me to see the face of God all at once.
I say a prayer each time I see one, try to smile and look them in the eyes, though I rarely give them money.
They deserve respect and dignity.
They deserve to be treated as a human being and have someone look at them as a fellow man and not a dog.
I can disagree with how they choose to live, but give them grace at the same time.
 I would love to be involved in volunteer work with the homeless one day.
 
 
78.
I am notoriously early to everything.
 
79.
I LOVE old oak trees.
There is something solid, and sacred and beautiful about them.
 
80.
I am the oldest of 4 kids.
I'm a typical first born.
One of my sisters is only 16 months younger, my brother is 8 yrs younger and my little sis is 10 yrs younger.
I love them all, and I have a good relationship with each, but we are all totally different in interests and personalities.
I'm probably the most different.
 
 
 

 
 
God Bless,
Mandy

No comments:

Blog Archive