Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Good Weekend For A Movie...

On a rainy , Fall evening is there much better than watching a movie?

And I realize that tis the scary movie season, but I am not a scary movie person.
At all.
  Let's just say I watched a single CSI episode about 5 years ago that still haunts me to this day.
I don't get it.
I could never watch it again.

So let's go slightly off the Freddy movie types.

If you are headed to a theater I saw a fabulous one last night.
RED.

This movie was SO good.
Let me just confess right now that I have a love of CIA movies, spy movies, and all shoot em up, kick tush movies in general
(when they have a point and aren't just bloody to be bloody).

So when my Honey and I had a rare date night, he suggested a movie.
I said no, we had one at home rented (and cheaper).
He said "but there is a CIA spy movie".
So of course, I quickly changed my mind.

The cast of this movie is amazing.
Helen Mirren shoots automatic weapons for cryin' out loud!
This was a refreshing mix of action and comedy.
Yes I said comedy.
It was hilarious.

Rated PG-13 for action violence and brief strong language.
And they said "for the love of Christ" a few times.


SO if you are off to a theater this weekend , go see RED.
You won't be disappointed.


If you are renting a movie this weekend,
Robin Hood was great.


Robin Hood

It was a well done movie with great performances,
and was a different spin on the Robin Hood story,
kinda the 'prequal' to it.

My one exception to recommending it...
it has nothing on Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner
(which has been one my favorite movies since it first came out).

So if you can avoid the comparisons, rent it.
It does have lots of violence and blood.
I personally like a movie that shows a man being a man and protecting the weak though,
in other words,
sword fights are cool.
Rated PG-13.

Have a good and safe Halloween weekend! Save me your Twix.

God Bless,
Mandy

1 comment:

MamaMonki said...

I've been meaning to rent Robin Hood, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I'm a fan of the Kevin Costner one though. So I'll try not to compare the two. Thanks for the suggestions!

Blog Archive